I love breakfast for dinner and this is one of my favorite things to make.
Recipe From: Judy O’Connor
You can add many different fillings to the basic recipe. Bacon and spinach was always our favorite at the O’C’s. You can add mushrooms or green onion if you like it.
2 Deep Dish pie shells—frozen or refrigerated
1 pkg. bacon, regular or turkey, cut into pieces and fried
3 cups cheddar or Colby jack cheese
2 pkgs. frozen spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly in paper toweling
6 jumbo or 8 large, beaten eggs
2 C. heavy cream
!/4 tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1. Bake empty pie shells according to package directions—remember to poke a few holes with a fork.
2. Arrange cheese and most of the bacon in the cooked shells.
3. Spread drained spinach on top of cheese and bacon.
4. Mix eggs, cream, and seasonings together. Pour into pie shells. Top with remaining bacon and chopped parsley if you have it.
5. Bake at 375 degrees until lightly brown and bubbly—about 45 minutes. Freezes well.