Monday, March 30, 2009
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Jazzy ( i hate that word but whatev) Jambalaya!!!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
I remember when St. Patricks Day meant so much more than just wearing a conservative green shirt to work. Although it has been "fun" explaining to every single person that has called me in my office today that "no, my boss didn't give me the day off....yeah can you believe it? .....with a name like Katie O'Brien- har har har (work laugh)"... I still miss the fun of st.pattys day when i was in college - or even just when i was in a slacker job in Florida where i could take off early to drink green beer and tell people that they should kiss me because I am like for real Irish. SO anyways, as an ode to the good ole days here are two pictures: one of me celebrating as an O'Connor and the other is me when i was an O'Brien.
Turtle Creek in South Bend Indiana = best place to celebrate St. Patt's day!
Thursday, March 12, 2009
- I miss the view from my house in Anaheim Hills. I loved laying in my pink and white bunk bed looking at the city lights and mountains. Nothing was prettier than a clear day in our backyard.
- I miss my pool and jacuzzi in California...and not having a job interfere with the amount of time I could spend lounging in both of them.
- I miss watching my dad and brother throw lemons at the fire hydrant across the cul-de-sac and i miss the awesome herb garden that my mom had.
- I miss the pocket doors that would fold away and open up my whole family room in Florida. Usually it was too hot to do this in the summer, but right around this time of year Pat and I would always open up the doors, bbq on the patio and sit outside eating chicken teryaki shishkabobs (sp?) with pineapple and peppers.
- I miss the pretty cypress trees with moss in our Jacksonville neighborhood and the close proximity to the beach and intercoastal.
- I miss the perfect shades of paint that were on all of the walls in my Florida house and the cold tile floors.
- I miss the fun of living with girlfriends in an apartment that cost $325/month that was next door to pretty much everyone else I knew.
- I miss the surprisingly awesome closet organizer that was in my freshman year dorm room.
- I miss knowing exactly where to go when i needed some off the wall thing. It takes a while to find a good tailor, know where to go for wholesale flowers, and finding another place that makes birthday cakes as good as Rockwell's.
- I miss decorating. Buying stuff for your house is sooo much better than buying clothes. Mostly because it is so much more permanent but also because a couch can never make you feel fat.
So long story short, based on this list, I need to find a house that has: a pretty view (prob not going to be mountains but trees are pretty too), maybe a hot tub, a fabulous outdoor living space, lots of decorating potential, friends nearby, big fancy closets, and nice updated flooring
Wish me luck!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
weird stuff happened tonight...
- A poodle ran directly head-on to my car at lightning fast speeds (in the dark) in a parking lot. Lucky for the dog I have cat-like reflexes and I managed to spare his life
- I watched Scarface with Pat...and yes this was my first time. Apparently scarface is Cuban? Who knew? I spent the last 25 years imagining him as a total italian
- I watched approximately 30 youtube videos....all different versions of "single ladies" by Beyonce. I would highly reccomend checking out this fantastic online library and then when you are done - call me, because I really want to learn the dance with 2 of my friends and make a video. Call me. I am serious.
- I found this picture of my knee after I slipped on ice and fell on a curb. a while back. Couldn't help but think how awesome (and obviously attention starved i am) for taking a picture of a minor injury with the intention of posting in online so people can see how "hurt" i was. I fell so hard that i actually cried. ALthough when i was laying flat on the ground crying and a car pulled backwards around the corner to check on me - i turned my tears into half laughter just so i would look"cool"
And that was how I spent my wednesday.....
Monday, March 2, 2009
Ohio spinning still totally kicked my butt...it was just harder to get "in the zone" when you are surrounded by nice people listening to your mom's 1976 "rainy day/cleaning the house" mix.
The OC 24 Hr fitness was almost hilarious in a way, but really fun because of how incredibly predictable it was.Every other person working out was half clothed (at best) , fully makeup-ed, and really super intense about getting hotter. I miss the super dark spinning rooms that had strobe lights, supermodels, and "really cool" people listening to techno - those classes always made me want to tie a light stick around my neck and put a whistle in my mouth while intermittently screaming woo- wooo.....wooooo.
I have to say though - It was refreshing to be at a new place where I didn't waste any time hating myself for washing my makeup off before I arrived. The desire to become a raver wasn't there and hence a little bit of the fun was missing.... but i did take advantage of the hour long workout to think about some really important stuff = old California gym memories and my butt...and how much it hurt.