- I miss the view from my house in Anaheim Hills. I loved laying in my pink and white bunk bed looking at the city lights and mountains. Nothing was prettier than a clear day in our backyard.
- I miss my pool and jacuzzi in California...and not having a job interfere with the amount of time I could spend lounging in both of them.
- I miss watching my dad and brother throw lemons at the fire hydrant across the cul-de-sac and i miss the awesome herb garden that my mom had.
- I miss the pocket doors that would fold away and open up my whole family room in Florida. Usually it was too hot to do this in the summer, but right around this time of year Pat and I would always open up the doors, bbq on the patio and sit outside eating chicken teryaki shishkabobs (sp?) with pineapple and peppers.
- I miss the pretty cypress trees with moss in our Jacksonville neighborhood and the close proximity to the beach and intercoastal.
- I miss the perfect shades of paint that were on all of the walls in my Florida house and the cold tile floors.
- I miss the fun of living with girlfriends in an apartment that cost $325/month that was next door to pretty much everyone else I knew.
- I miss the surprisingly awesome closet organizer that was in my freshman year dorm room.
- I miss knowing exactly where to go when i needed some off the wall thing. It takes a while to find a good tailor, know where to go for wholesale flowers, and finding another place that makes birthday cakes as good as Rockwell's.
- I miss decorating. Buying stuff for your house is sooo much better than buying clothes. Mostly because it is so much more permanent but also because a couch can never make you feel fat.
So long story short, based on this list, I need to find a house that has: a pretty view (prob not going to be mountains but trees are pretty too), maybe a hot tub, a fabulous outdoor living space, lots of decorating potential, friends nearby, big fancy closets, and nice updated flooring
Wish me luck!