Friday, May 1, 2009

where have I been??

On Monday I flew out to New York first thing in the morning for a little work trip. Oddly, this trip (which consisted of about 25 new business meetings) took place entirely on board a humongous cruise ship. I have never been on a cruise so I didn't really know what to expect. The verdict: I'm luke-warm on the cruise thing. Had I actually ended up on a sandy beach somewhere it might not have been so bad.

Here is a pic i took as i boarded the ship with a little bit of the cityscape in the background. I wish I had a picture of the reception we had when we actually left port. It was dark and the city looked so beautiful from the water. Unfortunately i didn't have my phone to take a picture of that :(..... Anyways, we only "cruised" far enough out in the water for our cell phones not to work and so that bored meeting goers could not jump ship and easily swim back to avoid my sales pitch.

Here is the view from my table where I conducted all of my meetings... pretty nice huh?

And then the "not-so-nice" part was my room. No window in sight, very tight quarters, and kind of smelly. I hardly spent any time in there at all though - so it wasn't that big of a deal.

Having this trip over and done with means that I have a huge weight lifted off my shoulders. The preparation was sort of grueling...and if you noticed, I basically had very little free time to do things like update my blog. I have big plans for some upcoming posts so get ready :) This weekend I am heading to Pittsburgh to meet up with the Dowd's (my sister, my college roomate, their significant others, and the little dowd sister La who is graduating from college).... Should be a good time - can't wait to see the baby belly too!

No comments: