Friday, September 18, 2009

NyQuil = Crack!!


So i am sick.....and not sick in the kind of nice way where you get to sleep all day, lose your appetite, miss work, and get skinny. I am sick in the way where I feel like hot garbage, but i am so busy at work that I cant take time off. So pretty much I just sit in my desk until i have to blow my nose, then i walk out into the hallway blow my nose, hope that my hearing comes back, return to my desk and wonder if i am spreading H1N1 to everybody around me. It is awesome.
The silver lining to this sickness?????......well that would be the cracked out Nyquil dreams I have been having the last couple of nights. Does this happen to you too? I take a big swig of that stuff and before i know it I feel like the scarecrow in wizard of oz on LSD and that is before I even get to sleep. That is when the real fun begins! I dreamt last night that i was at a high school football game in California (normal), then i won some contest where i got to go to the moon (okay kind of weird), but then my space shuttle landed at an outdoor arcade and i figured out a way to get money out of some machine without even having to play, but then i found out that the money was fake - So i got back in my space shuttle with my sister-in-law (who hadn't appeared in my dream until this point), then we drove sideways through a resort tennis community in Florida until a giant fish that was knocking down bridges on its way to us took a bite out of our space ship (not normal). I jumped into the water then freaked out. It was like a moat but there were shelves i could climb up on the sides. SO my now- pregnant within the last 5 minutes (not in real life - just in this portion of the dream) sister-in-law shows me how to climb out of the water and when i get out......I am in a mad dash to fold a bunch of sheets. Some of them were baby sheets, some of them weren't but it sure was important that i get all of them folded. And then i woke up...in a panic about folding sheets???

What?

Really.

That is how my brain works.

Thank you Nyquil for making me feel nuts.

I want to go home NOW....and have another one of those dreams. ha ha.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

haha. Well, That made me laugh out loud..A LOT! Not the part about you feeling like hot garbage though!
I can't remember the last time I had Nyquil, but I almost want to have some to see what happens!!
I hope you feel better!

Christi Contois said...

Oh my gosh.. NyQuil does the SAME thing to me. That and Benadry. I have the weirdest dreams and I don't sleep at all because I'm so confused as to what's happening in my head. I have hot sweats and cold flashes. One time I woke up in the middle of the night and asked Graham to curl my hair. Apparently it turned into a heated argument because I got so enraged that he wouldn't do it. I dont remember :) I've had to stop taking it all together because I literally feel like a crazed person. But I hope you get well soon!

Ashley said...

i tagged you on my blog! :)