Thursday, February 5, 2009

My 25 things....

I am pretty much afraid of everything. Most of all I am afraid of water. Even though I am a great swimmer I am terrified of being out of control and drowning. I do not like snorkeling unless I can quickly swim to shore. I even have panic attacks being on boats in choppy water (p.s. I was not like that until a few years ago)

I have moved a ton in the last 5 years… I have lived in South Bend Indiana for college, I moved back to the OC for a year afterwards, I moved to Jacksonville Florida when I got engaged, and a year after I got married I moved to Ohio. Pretty sure I will be staying here for a while though
My cute husband and I are in the process of buying a house. It is fabulous and I can’t wait to move in and get settled.

I seriously hated high school. I took correspondence courses my senior year so that I could leave at noon everyday and avoid having to sit through lunch time.

I always hated being taller than most of the guys I knew. When I would complain my mom would joke that when I went to college I would meet some huge “corn-fed Ohio boy” that would be taller than me. Ha ha – I totally did.

I love to cook but I HATE touching raw meat. If I am serving chicken I cut off pretty much everything even a little bit gross and everything that came close to touching the gross part. When I am cooking for myself I also tend to cook meat until it is dry as can be. I love it that way.

I actually love my job. I work in advertising and even though there isn’t a single person close to my age in my office I always have fun at work. It is the perfect mixture of business and creativity so I never get bored or feel like I am not being challenged. Nonetheless, I do want to retire soon and have kids :)

If I had to eat one thing every day for the rest of my life without any consequences I would eat cheese fries with ranch dressing.

I modeled for Hollister when I was 16. The pictures never showed up anywhere until I was 21…and fat. There were huge wall sized pictures of me up in malls when I was a senior in college and it just embarrassed me because I didn’t look a thing like that anymore – ha ha. (damn cheese fries)!

After always having a dog my whole life I have decided that I do not want any pets of my own. I know they are cute and super loving but they are also dirty and they keep you from taking last minute trips and other fun stuff.

I have had stitches in the back of my head, the bottom of my foot, on my chin, on my back, and on my eyelid. I have also had staples in my head too, but I have never broken a bone.

I think I would take my husbands advice over anyone else in the world. He is the perfect mix of book smart and super practical smart….please don’t tell him though.

I recently dyed my hair a darker/warmer shade of blonde than my usual – and a lady (who I really like) at work told me “this color is a little more (dramatic pause) “believable”…….wow. Who said I ever claimed to be naturally platinum? – ouch!

I felt like I had about a 2nd grade understanding of math until I was in college. It wasn’t because of some great teacher or any specific class- I was actually assigned to tutor homeless people in Math and I realized that a vast majority of them knew more than I did (thanks VPHS) so I started to buckle down and force myself to learn more.

My boyfriend/husband and I dated for 5 years before we got engaged. That whole time I would only see him the fall semester of school. Then he would leave to go play baseball and I would only see him once every two months for the remaining 8 months of the year.

I have this one pair of boots that makes me feel like Hannah Montana every time I wear them. I’m not sure if that is a good or bad thing.

My parents live in Florida, my sister Lauren is in California, my brother Marty is in Boulder Colorado, and my sister Kristen is in Chicago. I miss them all.

My best piece of marriage advice is to say sorry even when you aren’t. Being stubborn gets you nowhere and eventually giving in feels better than fighting just to prove a point.

Other than tennis shoes and boots I don’t think that shoes should be worn with socks. It always looks bad.

I am not big on accessories. I will wear bracelets/bangles, but usually I pretty much stick to diamond studs and my wedding rings.

I am notorious for re-telling stories. I constantly hear “ yeah you already told me that”

I went to dinner with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner once when she was pregnant. They didn’t know that I would be there, but we did end up at the same table. True Story.

If I could have any job in the world I would want to be a country singer.

I suck at returning phone calls and emails. Not because I don’t care, but because I am usually in a different time zone than the person who called and I never check my voicemail.

I am a little embarrassed that I spent so much time on this thing. Like anyone really cares to know this stuff about me.

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Oh my gosh, reading your 25 things made me realize we have so much in common! I hated VPHS too and left at noon senior year to avoid lunch, I only wear my diamond studs and my wedding rings, and I HATE HATE HATE touching raw meat. I get goosebumps when I do it, it is so nasty!