Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2 down, 80+ to go


Today is our 2 year anniversary and even though I think I have already posted this picture I am going to do it again because I think this is my favorite picture of all time. We took this at Siesta Key beach in Sarasota when I came out to visit Pat right before he started spring training. It was our first official vacation together and it couldn't have been more fun. We stayed at a really cool hotel in longboat key, went out for delicious Florida dinners, hung out in the pool during the day and went out to the "Daiquiri Deck" at night. I think that trip was the beginning of me wanting to move away to an island, live in a hut, and stay in vacation mode all the time with Pat (but who doesn't want to do that I guess). Anyways, this picture along with this momentous occasion has made me think of how lucky I am to have such a cute husband. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to be all cheez and shmooz, Pat can totally suck sometimes (and "I guess" I can too) , but what I have always loved about Pat is that he plans the most thoughtful dates and is always so much fun to be around.

After 2 years of being married and 5.5 years of dating before that it still feels like we are totally boyfriend and girlfriend (not boring husband and wife). Maybe just to prove that point to ourselves, we went on another very last minute vacation for our anniversary that I will have to fill you in on as soon as I can remember to load the pictures.

So anywho - Pat and Katie are still married... We still like each other....and we are probably going to be doing this whole anniversary thing next year too!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i like you guys too ;)

anna kathryn said...

you go, girl!
i always remember your day 'cause it's my mom's bday, too!
best wishes for a fab anniversary!
:) me

Mary said...

That was a fun day!!! (Sorry again about all those broken glasses..!)
You two are both pretty cute, I guess! ;)