Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Baby Shower


This past Saturday was the baby shower! I can't believe that i am actually far enough along to be at this point (32 weeks on Thursday) but seeing all of the awesome baby gear and hearing all of the awesome mom advice"really made this whole "Katie you really are having a baby" thing seem real.

My Mom and Mother-in-law hosted the shower with lots of help from my sister and sister in law.... and they did a really great job with everything. The cookies above were favors that my friend Mary's mom decorated/designed.
They were so darn cute!

all of the decor was done in soft pinks and silvery grays to match the baby's nursery. We did a big brunch with Quiche and spinach salad and pineapple bread and fruit and trifles and cake balls and all the other delicious stuff you should be eating at 11 in the morning

We did the shower at my house because my in-laws house was under construction and my mom lives in Florida......so it just made sense. I was worried that everyone wouldn't fit but surprisingly we made room and it was actually pretty cosy :)

This is Megan - my fab sister-in-law. She was in charge of mimosas and being fabulous :) (wish i could have had one...they are my fave)

and contrary to their lack of representation on past blog posts - i do in fact have unbelievable friends in Ohio. I just never take pictures :(......so anyways this is Kelly, Carley and Lisa

Ali and Anna

Amanda and Amory

and my mom and both of my grandmas.
My shower outfit kind of sucked. I ran out of shopping time so i just went for comfort. Hmmmm, i should have tried harder.

These are my Bank's cousins (minus Brandy) and the rest of my side of the family that came to Ohio.

Look at this cute little ducky travel tub! All of my friends have these and they are seriously awesome. You can take them on vacation or use it in your house if you want. The beak even makes a quacking noise!

We got a little O'Brien Cavs onesie and something tells me this little girl will have that on a lot when her Dad is picking out the outfits. You should see the matching shoes too!

I had tons of help with getting all of these presents unwrapped.

my sister Kristen looking very festive :)

and sorry for all the present shots...but seriously - How lucky is this little baby?
(notice my super cute Quinny?????thanks mom and grandma....cant wait to bring that down to Florida for some beach walks)!!!
It was so nice to have everyone over and get together with just the girls. I am so lucky to be surrounded by the people that i have in my life.
Can't wait to join the mommy club!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie it really was such a great shower!!!! You are a very lucky girl & this baby is already so loved!!! SHE will be here before you know it!!!! I can't wait!!!!!
-AM

Ashley said...

Looks like a fabulous shower!!! and, you are looking amazing as well! :)

Erin said...

what a gorgeous shower! I cant believe how far along you are already!!! you look so great!