Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bump pictures are awkward.....

So in addition to a nice little 5 inch long baby (crown to rump as they say)I have been filling my belly with a wonderful assortment of other fabulous things.....all thanks to the little farm down the street from my house (okay down the street a ways but still).

I am seriously obsessed with this place. It is called Szalay's and i think i have been about 5 different times in the last 2 weeks. All of their produce is beyond delicious and the atmosphere is just so fun. It is basically a big barn that feels like an open air grocery store. It is surrounded by corn fields and walking trails and in the front of the barn there are huge outdoor swings made so that entire families can sit on them while they enjoy the ice cream, frozen lemonade and grilled corn that they make right out front.

In the fall, there is a corn "maze" that kids can run through before they get their pumpkins at the pumpkin patch and i am pretty sure they do hey rides from here too.

It is so idyllic. I really do think that this might be my favorite place in all of Ohio.

So anyways, here is a small sampling of what i have been putting on the menu for Baby O'B.
lucky baby!

delicious, juicy, non grainy, unbelievably good peaches!!! i would say i eat 1-2 of these a days.

strawberries! Most of the time I eat them plain, but sometimes i get them all dressed up like this with heavy whipping cream and powdered sugar. It is beyond good and so easy. If you wanted to make this for guests just put the strawberries in a martini glass to add a little jooj. This really is the perfect light summer dessert and it works well with raspberries too (my dad's favorite)

Holy GOD this salad is also my favorite!! Caprese salad with basil cut from my own garden. Even if it didn't taste as delicious as it does, i would still love it just for the simple fact that i feel like a freaking Martha Stewart rockstar every time I incorporate a home grown ingredient into something i am eating. Salt, pepper, olive oil, good balsamic, basil, fresh mozzarella and Farmy delish tomatoes = perfection.

and these cherries...I don't even like cherries but seriously (again) i love these ones! They are pricey at $6/lb, but so worth it.

So what has all of this (plus a baby) done to my physique? Ummmmmmmm, let me show you.

...yeah there are some chips and french fries in there too.

12 comments:

Ashley Paige said...

yummmm.. after today's doctor appointment, i'm headed DIRECTLY to the farmstand on the way home! i've been LOVING cherries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries lately! like, cannot get enough. like, go to the store, buy a little crate full and finish it in two days. it's bad. and really expensive. haha.. but i guess it's a good expensive habit to have, right? gone are the days when i spent ungodly amounts of money on clothes i don't need- now i just spend it on fruit!

oh.. and the tomato/basil/mozz? we eat it AT LEAST one night per week in our house.. it's the perfect summer dish!! LOVE!

Ashley said...

Well, look at that little bump! CUTE
I LOVE LOVE caprese salad. last summer, I ate that EVERY SINGLE Day for a month. I have only had it once this year..I got my basil, but I am waiting on my tomato plants to be ready for eating! Do you know they sell white balsamic vinegar? I use the white when I make this dish for company so the brown doesnt stain the cheese!

Christi Contois said...

Awww! So cute! :) And that tomato mozarella salad looks AMAZING. I will be making that this week! I wish we have a good open air market in OC.... Sad.

Katie Reed said...

I LOVE YOUR ADORABLE BABY BUMP!!! Sweeter than the fruit!!!

Erin said...

you look so adorable! i just want to rub the belly, is that awkward?!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

When I was preggers I about put us in the poor house with the amount of cherries I ate!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

p.s. Thank you so much for following BonBon Rose Girls. We hope you'll follow us over at our new site too! We recently moved to our own URL: http://www.bonbonrosegirls.com/ AND we started our own network called the Rosebud Network! Members are eligible for weekly "Freshly Picked Rosebud" features and, in addition, we're linking to network members when we can tie one of their posts into ours! In celebration of this we're having a giveaway week right now. 16 fabulous prizes are up for grab! Hugs, K

Lauren said...

Just found your blog through Ashley Paige & wanted to thank you for making me want to eat EVERYYYTHING from this post.

Yum.

p.s. your bump is so adorable. for reals ;)

Sarah said...

super cute bump pic!

I just found your blog, I'm preggo too!
Um the caprese salad pic about made me run to the store to grab the ingredients.....

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Love your bump!!

Jenny DB said...

that's a cute baby bump picture :-) also the tomato caprese looks amazing and is making me hungry :-)

B said...

Absolutely adorable! You have a perfect little belly.