I seriously miss this blogging business, and honestly, blogging aside - i miss having free time.
i'm not complaining.... i am just stating the facts. I honestly have something every minute of the day (and night) to keep me busy.
Ashlyn for real (seriously) does not sleep. She isn't cranky, she rarely even seems tired. She wakes up 42 times a night. We love her...she wakes up again....we let her cry....she never gives up... and i just cant figure it out.
I have a set schedule. She eats tons of food. She has a super cute princess castle projectable nightlight, a snuggly blanket, cool jammies, warm jammies, multiple pacis to pick from if hers falls out - anything a baby could want or need - and yet still - she doesn't sleep.
I am starting to get tired. I lasted a really really long time but i am at the point where she needs to give in or im going to be a full blown crazy person.
I went for a walk yesterday with my friend Amanda. On my way over to her house i had to take a detour to get to a gas station because my gas light had been on way too long and i got lost. So i gave up and drove to her house on fumes. Not smart but i did end up getting to a gas station later. THEN -Somehow i lost my cell phone while we were walking. So i watched her 2 kids and ash at her house while she retraced our walk in her car ( i didn't know my way around) and she magically found my phone.thank god. so i went home...THEN she called me to tell me that i left ashlyns paci on their couch and that she would hold onto it until we met up next time. THEN she called e today to tell me that i ALSO left my sunglasses at her house.
ummmm...... i am worried about me.
i need to get it together.
BUt enought about my shortcomings lets talk about the ohter random stuff i have been wanting to blog about.
1. Pintrest: i love it. Can't get enough
2. I am tired. I am busy, but i still cook some fab dinners. I will post recipes for some new stuff soon.
3. Ashlyn's birthday is december 17th. Of course that means that have started planning details for her "winter wonderland" bash (in august). It is going to be amazing!!! I am determined to make this little chica love her christmas time birthday. It really is the best time of the year.
4. I am turning 28 on Sunday. Pat got tickets to go see the Cleveland Orchestra at this outdoor amphitheater by our house. We are going to pack up the baby, a picnic, a blanket, listen to the gorgeous music and watch the fireworks. I am SOOO excited....about the orchestra....not about being 28. How the efffffff am i 28 already?
5. My bestie Annemarie is coming out from California to visit me at the end of September. I am so excited. She is one of my oldest friends. We used to do all kinds of weird shit together and we shared an undying love for N'Sync. She had the Lance Bass cover of rolling stone framed for me to put in my dorm room. And yes that does mean that i loved lance (she liked joey Fatone) my gaydar was waaaay off apparently - however i did kind of like him because he was sort of chubby and the only one that couldn't dance.
6. I sent my little brother a care package for his apartment. He graduated form college last May and he is living in Salt Lake City Utah. Among the many treasures i sent him was a spice rack. You know you are old when you are sending your little brother a spice rack in the mail. ( weird = yes. He likes to cook though so i thought it was nice).
7. Pat and i booked a family vacay to Florida for 11 days at Christmas. I CANT wait.
8. We are heading to South Bend Indiana for the ND home opener. I have been reallly freaking excited for football season to start. My sister got Ash an ND cheerleader uniform that i am dying to get her in.
9. Pat is working way way too hard. We both are, but he is out of the house more so it seams harder. He is getting his MBA right now and has class three nights a week. On top of a very demanding fancy pants job he is basically working like a crazy person. I miss him.
10. I didn't even post about the awesome vacation we took a few weeks back to Charleston South Carolina and HIlton Head. Ummm if you haven't been to either, i highly suggest both. Charleston is a GREAT place to take an anniversary trip with your hubby or BF. There is so much to see and such amazing restaurants. I am going to post about this next time i get a chance.
so i think thats it for now. iam back. Ashlyn managed to stay asleep while i typed this and i think i might try to actually go to sleep now too.
Hope you all are having fabulous weeks.
Happy end of summer!