Saturday, January 1, 2011

the truth comes out

okay so remember that picture (a few posts below) that i posted of me 37 weeks pregnant? okay....i have to confess, that was like the most unbelievably flattering picture of my belly that ever could have been taken. it was def taken at 37 weeks just as i claimed BUT a lot changed from that point forward and i purposely did not post the picture evidence ........until today. now that i am "unpregnant" it is a little funny to look back and see what a freaking dump truck i turned into in the last 2 weeks of pregnancy. And i swear this was all against my will- i was not sitting locked in my basement mowing cheeseburgers....even though it looks like that was ALL i did.
holy shit - right?
yeah.
guess what my new years resolution is????? .....fml.

The good news is that i am already down 30 pounds - 24 days postpartum.....but just to be brutally honest, i still have at least another 15 left to go....
and that will only get me into a one piece this summer. A bikini would require approximately 15k in plastic surgery. Again fml.

all of this extra jiggly "hell" is way more than i have ever had to deal with.... and i can just tell that getting back to normal is going to be hard......ummm actually it will probably be really really hard. it freaks me out.

good thing i got an elliptical for Christmas :)
Here's to hoping that 2011 is a happy, healthy, inspired and productive year for everybody :)
lord knows i need a year like that this time around!!

7 comments:

Ashley Paige said...

oh, sister.. maybe we can find a plastic surgeon who will give us a 2-for-1 deal? because we must be twins. i gained a whopping 40 lbs with Carter and remember, he NEVER dropped and while lying transverse at ten pounds, stretched my skin to the absolute max. I don't even know what an ab is anymore. sigh. at 5 months post baby, i've lost all of my "baby-weight" but nothing fits the same and i don't even know what to say about my.. jiggle-ness. ew. it makes me want to throw up...

im hoping that the 3x per week Stroller Strides class I joined will whip me back into some shape of my former self.. i definitely took that size 4 life for granted..

hugs!

Joanna said...

Your post made me laugh! I'm sure you look beautiful!

Mary Kate said...

The most shocking thing that happens to you after you have your first baby is walking naked in front of a mirror for the first time. It's like you have morning sickness all over again (nausea, light-headedness) but just from seeing what your body looks like.

I *never* tell a pregnant newbie this fact. Ever. Sorry.

But, you look awesome in that pic (sorry, but I cannot lie), and you really have your stuff together, which is awesome. I spend most of my day cussing out that stinkin' whore... I mean, Jillian Michaels... while she kicks my ass in the 30 Day Shred. I'm still losing my pregnancy weight. From the 1st baby. He'll be 16 in June. Talk about FML.

You're gonna be just fine. Cut yourself some slack: you just grew a HUMAN BEING.

Jenny DB said...

WOW that's a big baby belly. But it's ALL Belly and actually i think it's like the CUTEST baby belly pic of ever seen :-) EVER. Congrats on growing a human. That's some serious shit.

Katie Reed said...

Mama O'B: The truth is you look amazing at any size!!!! I cannot believe how much weight you have already lost - great job, and keep up the good work. As my Mom says, "Chins up!" HA (note the plural!)

Can you do a post on Ashlyn's bows? Do you match her outfits with your outfits?! I totally would! She is just so pretty -- like her Mama! Take care, thinking of you!

Ashley said...

That seriously is ALL belly-therefore all baby. Your face still looks great, unlike my own.
And 30 pounds down? See? all baby!
You will be ready by summer for that bikini I bet :)

Erin said...

um, im sure you will be fine. to have lost that much weight in less than a month after...