ummm. i am that girl now....and ashlyn is like my new boyfriend.
I hadn't left the house in 3 days (until today) and somehow i still find it super hard to return emails, phone calls...and ummmmm air mattresses. Sorry Carley. A month is a ridic turn time. its coming back to your house this weekend. :) i promise.
so anyways...i also suck at blogging. Which is weird becasue i think about blogs i would like to write all day. Some of the most recent "posts" include my commentary on the following (in no particular order - (and P.S. these are all somehow linked to tv watching....which IS something i have managed to find time for lately)
so anyways - here it goes:
1. Have you ever noticed how Rachel Ray used to be so cute and bubbly and now she sort of seems like she is dead inside? Like she hates her life eventhough she is the luckiest B in the world to have been discovered while cooking recipes in a grocery store??? Yeah i don't like her at all. She makes smiling look like such an effort these days.
2. HOW ON EARTH do all of the teen moms on MTV have the freaking cash to constantly get their nails done? i would love to have my nails done all the time and despite having a full time job, and tons of fiscal responsibility it still is not in the budget....and i wouldn't be getting the freaking air brushed unicorns and other shish these girls have going on so technically the manicures i would want would be even cheaper. I kinda want to shake them. Maybe if they saved their "manicure" money for something like ohhhhhh i dunno - rent, formula, diapers...birth control-- their lives wouldn't be so hard? just a guess though. o h yeah, and i want to kailyn to stop being such an ungrateful B and appreciate the wonderful home and support system that Joe's family provides. And i want to tell her mom that she is a pathetic human being.
3. I need to grow up and stop watching Teen Mom 2. for reallllllllll.
4. I want to be barefoot contessa. No seriously i want to be Ina. I love how her show is centered around cooking for the people she loves and just being a nice friend....And not that i want to be like "this" but i do find it fun to imagine what those friends really think when she drops off a fabulous picnic to her "girlfriend that had a bad day at work".....ummm if i had a bad day at work, i probably wouldn't want a reminder of how much cooler she is than me. I might even be secretly annoyed with my my friend because her only job is to cook delicious food, drive around town in her convertible BMW and shop at fun little delis and flower shops while sipping cocktails that she invented. yeah. thats how she rolls.
i don't want to make my friends feel bad, but i do kinda want that schedule/daily routine :)....and pat would love the fancier dinners.
5. Speaking of Pat and dinners....I'll admit- while i am normally a pretty good little chef - i do occasionally screw up with cooking (and when i t happens it isn't usually a little mistake). This week was the first time that i can remember though that Pat actually SPIT out the food i made. not very Ina-ish of me, i know. I tried to make Carne Asada. I failed. I really do think being mexican is a 100% necessary ingredient in making successful shredded taco meats. Not only do i suck at carne asada but i also suck at carnitas. ....but so do all of the mexican restaurants in Ohio so i don't feel that bad. i miss california mexican food...and apparently Pat just misses edible food.
6.I would like for Victoria's Secret to stop sending me their catalogues until all of my baby weight is lost. I have cried (more than once) after looking at this stupid thing.
7.HAs anyone ever tried Jackie Warner's workout DVD's? they are awesome and so cheap! Only $8.99 at Sam's Club. It kicks my butt and it is only 30 minutes...which means that i shouldn't have ANY excuse not to complete it. P.S. "shouldn't" was written for my own benefit. I need to keep doing this workout along with the elliptical if i ever want to wear non-yeti sized clothing again. ONe would think the prospect of only wearing yeti clothes for life would make you get off your butt right???
and now that i am thinking about it - i AM going to get up and go do this darn workout.
end of blog. Beginning of embarrassingly huffy-and-puffy workout :)At least my baby is cute ;)
tootles. Have a fun weekend!