Monday, October 26, 2009

Excuses, Excuses.....

"Excuses, Excuses - they are only a lie.
Excuses, Excuses - they mean you didn't try."

Pat says that.
I hate it and I love it all at the same time.
Mostly i think it is funny - but i also think it is true.
I thought I would post some of my excuses for why I have been absent from my little blog for the last 2 weeks.

Excuse #1:
I was sooooooo busy with work. ...And even though I was busy, I would be lying if i didn't mention that i was also having fun. I was out of town doing a shoot for a hospital that we work with.

One campaign we were shooting for was for their Emergency Services. I spent about an hour buttering these guys up trying to get a ride on the Life Flight helicopter....

It worked! I got to sit up front and actually had a really good time. For anyone who knows me: this was an extremely brave thing for me to do.

I just hope they don't send me a bill for my ride :)
Excuse #2
I have been enjoying the gorgeous fall foliage....

....that only exists in half of my neighborhood. Seriously. Isn't that weird? The next picture is what my street looks like (this is only 15 feet away from all of these gorg red trees.

Bummmer......but i guess it does make the clean up easier.


Excuse#3:
I have been busy decorating my house.

I finally had a very lucky shopping experience at Home Goods and found all kinds of fun stuff to fill the annoying void that is my foyer. There is still so much to do on the ground level, but filling this ledge with colorful little finds has already made the are seem way more homey.

and this - wasn't actually one of my projects but i had to mention it. We desperately needed a refrigerator for our basement. I mean - do you know how inconvenient it is for boys watching football to have to walk upstairs to get a beer???? Ummmm well Pat took care of that. He also made sure that there were 7-9 different kinds of beer available, along with mixers. All of the labels are faced forward in true cribs fashion and he did replenish the missing beers after we finished watching the ND game. I love him.
Next project will be to build the shelves that this beverage center and wine fridge will sit on. We want it to be more of a built-in look.

And here is the most exciting find of the weekend. Our new GORGEOUS chandelier! This is hung up in the antique store we found it in. No, I do not have floral wall paper with matching floral draperies in my house......but i do have this giant piece of magnificent bling!
It is like 70+ years old but absolutely gorg.... once I get the drapes up and the mirror hung i will post pictures of this dining room. I think buying/owning a chandelier officially makes me an adult. Whoa.
And there you have it......That accounts for at least 6-10 hours of the last 2 weeks. I really have been busy, but i miss blogging so I will try to kick it up a notch in the coming weeks
xoxo,
Katie





2 comments:

Christi Contois said...

Haha... ok first thought in my mind was "Seriously with the floral wallpaper and matching draperies!?" :) Thanks for clearing that up! That chandelier is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! And the beer fridge isn't so bad either ;)

Unknown said...

Katie,

I love the chandelier. I just bought my first one too and I agree...total adult status. So excited to be in the club:)

Mad